Saturday, February 18, 2012

Birthing

For all of you expectant mothers that followed the Birthing label I'm so glad you came but this isn't about giving birth to a baby.

This blog is about giving birth to a book. And not just any book. I'm in labor right now with my very first book. Two Days of a Dream.The last of my edits are done and I'm now looking around for a competent doctor (editor) to make the delivery smooth and healthy.

I've shown off my ultrasound picture (cover mock up created by my daughter Sabrina Sumsion). You'll find it on this blog. Unfortunately I can't use the cover because we haven't been able to secure permission for the gown. The company that owns that right hasn't answered our email. I love the gown and the Marine, which I can't use either. I did find another Marine and bought that one.

A friend of mine, Katie, has loaned me her desert boots, just like the ones she wore in Iraq where the story takes place, so I can take pictures of them. I'm looking for someone who could pose if we can't get the lingerie company to let us use their picture.

The labor pains are intensifying as I'm stressed over getting everything done before I get too old to enjoy this. I want this baby out NOW! Yes, I need more patience.

I must be a glutton for punishment because I have sextuplets (more books) lined up right behind this one. I wish I had known about eBooks sooner. Then maybe I wouldn't have such a log jam.

It will be so good to finally hold my little creation and let the world know how cute he/she is. Come back again and I'll show you baby pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment